Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh dies in road accident in Canada
Nirankari Baba Death News | Nirankari Mission Head Death | Nirankari Baba Death In Canada | Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh dies in road accident in Canada | Sant Hardev Singh Car Crash
Baba Hardev Singh, head of Nirankari Mission, was killed in a road accident in Montreal, Canada today. He was 62 Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh.
“With profound pain and sorrow, this is to inform all that His Holiness Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh Ji Maharaj has merged into this Almighty God. He was travelling in a car in Canada which met with a serious accident at about 5.00 am (IST) today,” a statement issued by Sant Nirankari Mandal said.
Baba Hardev Singh was in Canada holding spiritual meetings. The second Nirankari International Samagam (NIS) was scheduled to held in June at Toronto. The theme of this international meet was humanness.
Condoling Baba Hardev death, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “Baba Hardev Singh’s demise is tragic & a great loss to the spiritual world. My thoughts are with his countless followers in this sad time.”
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi has also expressed her grief over Hardev Singh’s death.
“Sonia Gandhi has expressed shock and grief over passing away of Baba Nirankari Hardev Singh Ji, Head of Nirankari Samaj, in road accident,” a statement issued by the Congress said Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh
“Nirankari Baba Shri Hardev Singh passed away in a road accident in Montreal. Really sad to hear about his demise. Baba Hardev Singh’s demise is a loss to the nation. He was doing a lot of service for the people. I have personally seen his samagams,” BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain said.
Who was Nirankari Baba
– Baba Hardev Singh, who was populary know as Nirankari Baba, headed the Sant Nirankari Mission. He took over as the chief of the mission in 1980 when his father Gurbachan Singh was assassinated.
– He was born on February 23, 1954 in Delhi and did his early schooling from Rosary Public School, Sant Nirankari Colony, Delhi.
– He joined the Nirankari Sewa Dal as its primary member in 1971.
What is Nirankari Mission
– Sant Nirankari Mission was established in 1929, by Baba Buta Singh who previously belonged to the Nirankari sect Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh.
– After partition in 1947, the mission shifted its base to Delhi from west Punjab.
– The organization had over 100 branches spread across 27 countries by 2009.
– The sect has millions of followers across the world Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh.